About the Opportunity
We are a fast-paced, design & engineering firm specializing in exclusively all-electric, off-road vehicle manufacturing, headquartered in Round Rock, Texas (north of Austin). Our mission is to build industry-leading products that connect people to outdoor experiences through the intentional blending of leading technology and design. Our diverse team consists of ambitious professionals from multiple disciplines, and we enjoy the opportunity to be a part of an emerging market with the ability to build the future of powersports, together.
Volcon ePowersports is currently hiring a highly motivated supplier quality engineer that is ready to dive in and drive problems to a root cause and resolution.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge basic Supplier Quality principles, theories and concepts
- Performance Monitoring
- Quality tooling / processes: Inspection fixtures
- Able to read and interpret 2D and 3D engineering data, develop the manufacturing and assembly process
- Able to make decisions based on data and facts.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and associated quality control techniques,
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Establishing departmental policies, processes and procedures in accordance with company goals and associated standards
- Recruiting, train and develop the supplier quality assurance team
- Proven experience in developing suppliers or launching products
- Ensuring raw material and component specs and drawings are translated to supplier quality requirements
- Qualifying suppliers, establish metrics, assess supplier capability to meet quality expectations, audit suppliers critical to quality processes
- Guiding development of supplier control plans; Ensure that the supplier specifications are feasible, and the control limits/tolerances for significant and critical characteristics / CTQ parameters are defined
- Assuring supplied part quality
- Problem Solving: (8D) / SCAR/ RTV management: Effective and timely containment and closure
- Participating in the development and continuous improvement of suppliers Quality Assurance processes to ensure high quality and compliance
- Performing and managing supplier audits, external inspections/ audits / associated corrective actions
- Performance Reporting (Metrics definition and submission)
- Provide overall governance for supplier quality management systems, policies and procedures, linking the design engineering, supply chain and suppliers together and providing the backbone for continual improvement.
- Lead a dynamic global supplier quality team that is fully integrated in all aspects of the supplier / contract manufacturer development and delivery. Set targets, nurture, coach and develop skills and performance.
- Develop a system for new component approvals, and facilitating and overseeing the PPAP / First Article Inspection (FAI) process
- Evaluation and qualification of new supplier / new materials during new product development process
- Monitor supplier performance and drive both necessary improvement and cost recovery
- Provide leadership in identifying, articulating and resolving problems related to FAIs, line rejects and supplier warranty issues
- Identify, target and promote new tools and concepts with suppliers – 8D, 5 Whys, APQP, PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, statistical methods, and other techniques for concurrently improving quality and cost
- 25% travel will be required
- Driving/Flying to supplier locations
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in supplier quality management of manufacturing unit
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works primarily in an office setting, with occasional access to the factory floor. This position requires the ability to use computers and office equipment and communicate with other individuals through a variety of methods. This includes the ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, talk, see, and hear. This position will be expected to lift up to 40lbs.
Volcon ePowersports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.