We are looking for an experienced electrical engineer to help design exciting new electrical off-road power sports vehicles. You will play a meaningful role in the design and engineering of new product innovations and sustaining engineering functions. You will have the opportunity to watch your ideas develop into consumer products. We are headquartered in Round Rock, Texas (north of Austin) and are heavily focused on building a team full of the best and the brightest that the industry has to offer.
Based on your qualifications and experience, below are some (but not limited to) knowledge, skills, and abilities for which we are looking:
- Assist in prototype testing (yes, test-driving our vehicles!)
- Define electrical component groups to meet up with vehicle simulations and product requirements.
- Perform activities to transform requirements into prototypes and production-ready vehicle designs.
- Hands-on with the integration team during prototype builds.
- Contribute to vehicle architecture layout and own associated electrical harness efforts.
- Develop control algorithms, prototype, test and validate power electronics products.
- Interact with suppliers to ensure control algorithms meet established requirements and achieve intended results.
- Familiarity with Lithium battery design and packaging considerations.
- Experience with BMS selection/validation vs specifications and vehicle requirements.
- Own power delivery to tires and regenerative brake tuning.
- Lead troubleshooting of issues found during vehicle integration and validation testing.
- Collaborate with the engineering and manufacturing team to develop production processes and testing to ensure high reliability and repeatability of electrical systems.
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and vehicle testing of power electronic systems
- Proven experience with tuning motor controllers and motor systems.
We offer a competitive compensation package, stock options, and the opportunity to form a career path as we continue to develop our teams.