As the Senior ME - Sustaining / Continuous Improvement you will leverage your experience and creativity to implement design changes which improve the quality, reliability, and processes that go into Volcon products. You will be a member of an engineering team with experience in the development, design, and production of Electric Powersports Motorcycles and ATVs. In this role, you will be asked to identify, concept, test, design, document, and implement design improvement opportunities in collaboration with Supply Chain, New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineers, Quality, and Operations.
- Identify cost or quality improvement opportunities
- Develop component and assembly concepts
- Create 3D Models of mechanical components and assemblies
- Design and create prototypes and test articles
- Perform testing for design validation
- Manage Engineering relationships with suppliers during design, procurement, and validation process.
- Mentor and provide leadership to champion product design improvements
- Provide Engineering resolution to quality systems (e.g. Non Conformance and Corrective Action)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ Years of Experience in similar engineering roles
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Experience developing parts for high volume production
(sheet metal, injection molded, weldments, machined, extruded, die cast, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand and generate engineering drawings and specifications,
- Strong knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y 14.5)
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis methodology
- Experience in Electric Vehicles or Powersports (e.g. Motorcycle and ATV)
- Use of FEA (finite element analysis) for structural, vibration, and thermal analysis
- Lean Design or Six-Sigma experience
- Proven experience in designing components, bolted joints, sealing systems, etc. to last in harsh environments exposed to vibration, ice, salt spray, dirt, debris, etc.
We offer a competitive compensation package, stock options, and the opportunity to form a career path as we continue to develop our teams.